You should understand all the components involved in roofing services if you plan to use them. At Clear Vision Construction, LLC, we have years of experience providing quality roofing services and keeping our customers updated and satisfied.
Independent Roofing Contractors vs. Roofing Companies
When shopping around for Vancouver roofing services, you often come across two types of contractors: an independent roofing contractor and a roofing company. Independent contractors are limited in their scope of work, while roofing companies can easily handle anything from minor roof repairs to full roof replacements.
You will also likely get a better deal, quicker turnaround time, insurance, and a warranty, and these elements can make all the difference in your roofing experience.
The Benefits of Hiring a Roofing Company
While homeowners can repair minor issues on their roofs, it’s always recommended that they hire a professional for major endeavors to ensure quality work. Here are a few reasons why:
- Experience: Professionals have years of experience in their field, which can never be replicated using DIY videos. This means you can enjoy peace of mind that they will successfully provide quality service.
- Roofing equipment: Roofers typically bring the right equipment, including ladders, saws, drills, scoopers, air compressors, caulking guns, staplers, etc.
- Safety equipment: Hiring an expert means that your house is safe while the job is completed. You won’t have to worry about your family's safety. Roofing companies will supply their own power tools, safety harnesses, hard hats, etc.
- Quicker timelines: Since the company you hire knows what they’re doing, they’ll be able to finish a roof repair or installation very quickly. This is ideal when you have to live through the noise.
- Cost-effective: Roof experts will be able to source materials at a cheaper cost since they buy in bulk and often have relationships with the manufacturers, which means more savings.
What To Expect From Your Vancouver, WA Roofing Company
Your experience is only as good as your expectations. Even the most professional roofers need a little guidance to provide quality work.
Here are a few things homeowners should go over during their initial free consultation:
Meet A Contractor From the Roofing Company in Person
No matter how busy your life might be, it’s always best to meet contractors from roofing companies. Talking in person eliminates misunderstandings and allows you to ask critical questions and get a feel for who they are. It’s important that you can trust your roofers and have a relationship of mutual respect. If you decide to hire the roofing company, you will feel more comfortable receiving updates and asking about the status of your roofing project.
Don’t Just Make Verbal Agreements
No matter what the scope of your roofing project is, you need to have a written quote that determines your budget and eliminates surprise costs. Your roofing services paperwork should outline timelines, estimates, and more. That way, you and your roofers are on the same page. Professional Vancouver, WA roofers should be able to provide an estimated cost of materials, insurance coverage, payment agreement, price breakdown, and more.
Make Sure You Let Your Roofing Contractor Know Your Expectations
This may seem obvious, but it is worth repeating. Before calling around, consider your roofing plan to avoid going over your budget and other complications. You should let companies know if there are specific roofing problems, known damage, past repairs, and additional relevant information.
Establish a Working Timeline
No matter how long or short your project will take, you should outline an estimated deadline so both parties know what you expect. While delays may happen, knowing your goals helps keep your roofing services project running smoothly. This includes establishing milestones, estimated completion deadlines, ordering roofing materials, and cleanup. If there are days you’ll need to be home, it’s good to know in advance so you can schedule your work and family life. Finally, you can establish when your final walk-through will be to ensure you are completely satisfied.
Determine if They Are Licensed, Bonded, and Insured
Any professional roofer should be appropriately licensed and bonded to Vancouver, WA standards, including liability insurance and workers comp. Therefore, you should always ask to see proof of proper documentation before starting the job. This protects your home and anyone working on your roof. If you hire anyone that doesn’t have adequate documentation, you could be putting yourself at tremendous risk.
Ensure They Provide a Cleanup Plan
Roofing can be dirty work, and some Vancouver, WA contractors will leave debris, nails, and roofing materials after the job is done, which can be dangerous to your pets and family. It’s essential that you talk to your roofing contractors about their cleanup strategy. Furthermore, you should schedule a final walk-through of your roof and the surrounding area to ensure the work is done correctly.
Ask For References
Any roofing professional with years of experience should have client testimonials and referrals. You should ask for at least three past references from customers to get a scope of their workmanship to learn if they provide quality roofing services. When speaking with past customers, you can ask if the roofing company had any delays, stayed within their budget, and if they were satisfied with the quality of the job.
Don’t Be Afraid To Ask Questions
Getting a new roof or roof repair is a big project, and it’s completely fine to have many questions. After all, you are likely not an expert in this area. True professionals should be able to thoroughly address your questions without rushing you, giving vague answers, or getting irritated. Part of your roofing Vancouver, WA requirements is ensuring that all your expectations are met.
Questions To Ask a Roofing Company
Few people go through the process of a roof repair or new roof all the time, so it can be overwhelming knowing what to ask. Here are a few things you should consider asking before your roof project begins:
- Establish how long they have been in business
- Ask if they are licensed roofing contractors
- Ask to see past roof projects
- Establish who will be your primary contact for the project and what their response turnaround time is if you need to contact them
- Ask who will be overseeing the roofing project for quality
- Ask for references
- Determine if they have a website
- Ask if the roofing contractor in Vancouver can provide a written estimate and a breakdown of each expense.
- Determine how long your roof project will take
- Ask about their safety protocols
- Ask about their cleaning protocols at the end of each day
- Ask about their warranties and insurance
- Determine their roof installation process
Hire Professional Roof Experts Today
If you have leaky ceilings and uncomfortable drafts due to a damaged roof, you shouldn’t have to suffer for long. A roof contractor can solve your issues while providing high-quality service.
Are you interested in learning more about home renovations? Contact Clear Vision Construction, LLC for your free consultation so you can feel safe and secure in your home.