$10,000 Clear Vision Home Makeover Sweepstakes Official Rules
No purchase is necessary to participate in this sweepstakes and you do not have to submit to a sales presentation. Void where prohibited by law, rule, or regulation.
- Clear Vision will award one (1) Grand Prize as set out at the end of these Official Rules. This sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) on May 1, 2019, and ends at 11:59:59 PM PT on December 31, 2019 (“Promotion Period”).
- Each Grand Prize Winner will be determined from a random drawing of all entries received during the applicable promotional period. The odds of winning a prize are determined by the number of entries received prior to the time of the prize drawing. No more than one (1) entry per household is allowed per promotion period. Clear Vision reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify, or terminate this sweepstakes without notice at any time. A Grand Prize Winner will be notified by certified mail within fifteen (15) days of the drawing. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Grand Prize Winner. All prizes will be awarded.
- You may enter this sweepstakes by (a) having a Clear Vision representative enter you in this sweepstakes during an in-home presentation, and you must complete a 30 minute in-home product presentation by Clear Vision. Or alternatively (b) printing your name and your complete address on a 3″ x 5″ card, writing the words “$10,000 Clear Vision Home Makeover Sweepstakes Official Rules” at the top, and mailing the card to Clear Vision at its address below. Mailed entries must be received by Clear Vision one (1) day prior to the end of the applicable promotion period to be included in that Random Drawing. Delinquent entries may be included in the next Random Drawing, if any. Clear Vision is not responsible for any illegible, misplaced, damaged, or late entries.
- Sweepstakes entrants must (a) be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the time of entering this sweepstakes and (b) own their own home that is within the states of Oregon and Washington within the Clear Vision service range. Employees, officers, and directors of Clear Vision, its affiliates, subsidiaries, co-branded partners, consultants, contractors, advertising, public relations, promotion, fulfillment and marketing agencies, and their immediate families (and those living in their same households) are not eligible to participate in this sweepstakes.
- No transfers, substitution in prizes, or cash will be allowed except by Clear Vision, who may substitute a prize of equal or greater value in its sole or absolute discretion. Upon awarding of a prize, the Grand Prize Winner assumes full ownership and responsibility for the prize. A Grand Prize Winner must arrange for prize delivery no later than one (1) month following the award of the prize and delivery must occur and be completed within six (6) months of confirmed notification.
- Each Grand Prize Winner must comply with all instructions in the prize notification correspondence, including the completion of an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release, and return both within fourteen (14) days of the date on the prize notification correspondence as well as have met all of the eligibility requirements set forth within these Official Rules; otherwise the prize will be forfeited and an alternative prize winner will be selected. Acceptance or use of a prize constitutes permission for Clear Vision and its affiliates to use the recipient’s name and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without compensation, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
- Liability for any applicable taxes, including all federal, state, and local taxes and/or other fees that may apply to prizes are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. Any required tax reporting forms will be furnished to the Internal Revenue Service and state tax agency.
- Entries that are lost, late, illegible, or incomplete for any reason will not be eligible. Clear Vision reserves the right to modify or terminate this promotion at any time or disqualify any entry in good faith. In the event of a dispute concerning the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the winning home is titled.
- By participating in this sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release, discharge, and hold harmless Clear Vision, its affiliates, co-branded partners, subsidiaries, retailers, agencies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents, from any damages that may arise out of participation in this sweepstakes in any way or out of the acceptance, use, misuse, or possession of a prize. By entering into this sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, or controversies (hereafter referred to as a “Claim”) arising under or relating to this sweepstakes, including the validity or enforceability of this arbitration provision, shall be subject to binding arbitration to be determined by one (1) arbitrator, in accordance with and pursuant to the then prevailing Consumer Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), to be held and arbitrated in the judicial district in which the entrant lives at the time of his or her entering into this sweepstakes. Each entrant agrees that he or she will not assert a Claim on behalf of, or as a member of, any group or class. The findings of the arbitrator shall be final and binding on all parties. Each party shall be responsible for its own fees and costs. This agreement to arbitrate, and any award or verdict will be specifically enforceable under the prevailing law of any court having jurisdiction. Notice of the demand for arbitration will be filed by the party asserting the Claim with AAA. The demand for arbitration shall be made within a reasonable time after the Claim in question has arisen, and in no event shall any such demand be made after the date when institution of legal or equitable proceedings based on such Claim would be barred by the applicable statute of limitations. Any arbitration proceeding and any award or verdict shall remain confidential between the parties and shall not be made public.
- For a winners’ list, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope within thirty (30) days following, including a request for the winners’ names, to “$10,000 Clear Vision Home Makeover”, 8110 SW Nimbus Ave Beaverton OR 97008. To stop the mailing of future sweepstakes-related materials from $10,000 Clear Vision Home Makeover, please send a written request to 8110 SW Nimbus Ave Beaverton, OR 97008.
- This sweepstakes is conducted in English (which will be given its everyday ordinary meaning). This sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States with venue in Washington County, Oregon, United States of America.